BMX Direct Frequently Asked Questions
- BMX Direct. Who or What is that? We are an online-store slash outlet slash crew of guys that love BMX and are dedicated to making the world’s best BMX gear easily available to dudes in South Africa and nearby countries.
- Who are the people behind BMX Direct? We are people and riders who love all things BMX. It’s in the blood and there’s no washing it off.
- How long has BMX Direct been around? From humble beginnings out of the boot of a beat yellow Mazda 323, i’d say one of our first ‘sales’ must have been around the summer of 1999.
- Do you have a newsletter (aka Mailing List)? Indeed. If you sign up we’ll send you love-letters every so often. Its a good way to stay on top of what we have going on(and receive discount codes on the sly).
- Is it better to order online/email or over the phone? Ordering online makes life easier and simpler all round. You order, you pay, we ship, you ride- done! Very little room for error.
- What have people who have purchased from BMX Direct said? Usually nice things. Ask around, you will find that our product and services are some of the best. Join the conversations about BMX Direct taking place on Twitter and Facebook. Also our Google reviews page is very accurate 😉
- Do you ship to countries outside of South Africa? We sure do. Drop us an email if you need more info.
- How long will my order take to arrive? Anything from 24hours to 4 days, but that all depends on your location in South Africa and our Couriers delivery schedules. You can read more about delivery times here.
- How often do you get new products? When riders want to know about hot new 20″ stuff, we want them to think of us. That kind of cred doesn’t just happen, it takes hard work. So, we’re always on the lookout for cool new stuff to pimp our/ your ride with. If you want to be on top of what we have just landed or dropping soon; follow us on Instagram. Otherwise get regular updates to your inbox from our Newsletter service.
- Do you deliver on Public Holidays? Hell no! Public Holidays don’t count, be sure to get your order in early so that you allow enough time for your parts to arrive before the holidays!
- What do I do if I don’t receive my package? Breath into a brown paper packet, then holla at us. We’ll breathe into a brown paper bag, and then work out what went wrong and sort it out. We’ll probably be more cut up about it than you, so go easy on us.
- Is there a warranty on the products? It depends on the brand or product you have purchased, best is to check on the brands (i.e Fit Bike Co., Wethepeople, Eclat, Animal…)company website first, they usually have their policy listed and laid out clearly. If you get stuck, give us a holla, we’ll see what can be done.
- Does returning products purchased online work the same as in normal shops. Yes. Unless you are returning your product out of buyer’s remorse. If you simply change your mind, but we delivered what you ordered – we suggest you sell it in the Forums. Free delivery doesn’t grow on trees (we wish it did).
- What if you send me the wrong thing? That never happens. Jokes. We are humans, not machines. If we have delivered the wrong product, a faulty product, or have misrepresented the offering with an incorrect picture or description – we’ll humbly accept we’ve slipped up and resolve the situation speedily with a replacement or a credit. Be cool, we’re cool.
- Do you offer gift vouchers? Yes. We sell digital gift vouchers. If you purchase one, we’ll email you the voucher as PDF. It has a code which you or the spender may enter at checkout. If it’s a gift, we can forward it to someone on your behalf on a designated day.
- How do I get sponsored by BMX Direct? Well, its not that simple. We are a family and getting married into this family takes a whole lot of blood, sweat and dedication. Keep filming those edits and entering those comps and you’ll have a hook up in no time. We’d still like to hear from you though, be sure to share your video edits and photo’s with us.
- You don’t have what I’m looking for – what now? Some stuff we do not stock because it’s hard to get, is crap or would be to expensive to sell in our country. We ship goods in from all over the world, so sourcing products is our game. But understand that some product is just not suited for our BMX scene and we will not stock it. Ask and we’ll gladly fill you in.
- I want to send somebody a gift from your store – how does that work. When you check out, you’ll see there is a box marked “delivery address”. If the gift is intended for someone other than the purchaser, just fill in the address in here and we’ll send it to them directly. With a personalized card, if you like.
READ ALL OUR REVIEWS HERE: GOOGLE.COM